Sometime

What an apt title. Sometime I get away from blogging. But I always return. This time with some new art to share. I’ve been very prolific lately, which is awesome. It just doesn’t correlate with regular blogging. Two sides of the brain I think!

"Sometime", four-piece mixed media artwork, each piece 8x10 - 32x10" total © Lynne Medsker Art & Photography, LLC

“Sometime”, four-piece mixed media artwork, each piece 8×10 – 32×10″ total © Lynne Medsker Art & Photography, LLC

Remember a while back when I shared with you all the gelli prints I’d been making? Well I finally decided what I’d do with them. They make AWESOME background for mixed media art! Add in some book pages, decorative & tissue paper, top it off with charcoal outlines and acrylic ink plus some fun designs with pens and voila! Here are a couple of images of the work in progress.

Work in progress, applying book pages and gelli prints to wood panels

Work in progress, applying book pages and gelli prints to wood panels

Decorative papers, tissue paper added to panels

Decorative papers, tissue paper added to panels

Charcoal lines added to surface

Charcoal lines added to surface

Close-up detail of surface after acrylic ink was applied

Close-up detail of surface after acrylic ink was applied

It certainly ends up looking totally different from the starting point! In addition to this artwork I’ve also complete four large (24×36″) canvases in this style as well as a set of five 6×6″ wood panels. The titles for all the new work come from some of the text that is still visible when the piece is complete. This one had the least text showing of all the new art but from what I could read “sometime” seemed perfect. I’ll be deviating from the geometric for the next few pieces but I’m sure I’ll return!

Thanks for continuing to follow this blog, it’s really appreciated!

Lynne

Advertisements

Stamp it up, some more!

 

On Tuesday’s post I showed you how I made some stamps to use with my gelli plate. Today I thought I’d share some of the results once the stamps were dry enough to play with. These were all stamped on card stock, some white and some buff colored. Here we go….

First I used my brayer and a couple of orange/yellow/red acrylics and rolled them all over the plate. Then I stamped the dot/hole stamps on the gelli plate and printed them directly on the paper from the stamps until I’d covered the entire play and most of the paper with a random design.

blog 20150110_153651

I pulled the first print on a new sheet of paper without putting  a lot of pressure on the paper since there was plenty of paint on the plate.blog 20150110_153742

I like to do that so that there is quite a bit of paint left for a second, lighter print. The second print I made on top of the paper I had stamped on in the beginning of this process. Here’s a pic of both of them after printing:blog 20150110_153836

Here is another series using the same process with different colors & stamps….blog 20150110_154639
blog 20150110_154727

blog 20150110_154820

I discovered that piece of wood was a bit warped and it was hard to get the middle to print. Once I realized what the problem was I was able to press the stamp hard enough to make it work, it just wasn’t quite as effortless as the other ones! A few more random shots from the day:

blog 20150110_155215

blog 20150110_155725

blog 20150110_160655

I also used some of the lighter prints as an under-layer then used a stencil and black paint over them:

blog 20150110_162328

At the end of the session I ended up with some very colorful stamps and some nice prints too!

blog 20150110_161534

blog 20150110_162456

blog 20150110_162530Happy stamping!

Lynne